When you have a guest visiting/staying in your guest bedroom, you want them to feel comfortable and almost as if they’re in a hotel. So, I’ve put together a list of essentials that you can add to your guest room to help it..’pop’ a bit more.
- CLEAN & COZY
Let’s start with the basic yet one of the most import steps… A guest room needs to feel clean, uncluttered, and cozy. Keep it simple. Since guests typically bring a large amount of items, it’s likely that the room will fill up quickly with their stuff.
2. Extra blankets, pillows, and bed sheets
Here’s a throw blanket:
These sheets are Wrinkle, Fade, Stain Resistant. They’re also Hypoallergenic. Purchase them here:
If your guest room does not have a bathroom, I recommend placing 1-2 full sized mirrors around the room. Maybe even a small vanity.
4. Create A Tech Station
There’s a pretty high chance that your guests will be arriving with cellphones, tablets, laptops, and other devices. Creating a “tech station” that includes device chargers (iPhone and Android!) as well as a note card with the wifi password will probably be very appreciated by your visitors!
5. Candles/Air Fresheners
6. Nightstands on the side of the bed are another necessity
Nightstands/end tables are another nice gesture.
7. Alarm clocks and/or wall clocks
8. Garbage Can
9, Bathroom Essentials
Here’s a list of a few basic bathroom essentials that are simple yet important:
- Shampoo, soap, and conditioner
- Hair spray and Hair dryer
- Tampons/pads (these can be stored in a makeup bag or separate pouch)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
- Disposable razors
- Baby wipes
- Pain reliever and Sleep aid
- Extra rolls of toilet paper and paper towels
- Basket with plenty of towels
10. Basket of goodies
Nothing says welcome like a basket of snacks in their room. Some things to include in the basket are granola bars, gum, bags of pretzels/chips, and water.
11. List of nearby stores/24-hour pharmacies, your favorite restaurants, etc
12. Pens/Pencils and paper
Just in-case they need to write down important info.
13. Coloring books and crayons
This will be very helpful if the guest that’s travelling has children.
I truly enjoyed writing this list and hope it helps out with setting up your guest bedroom! Thanks for reading!